- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 1-2 Tbl chili powder
- 1-2 tsp cracked Kampot pepper
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 tsp cumin
- 6 tortillas
- 3 Tbl finely diced bell pepper
- 3 Tbl finely diced onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the tortillas in 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Brown beef and drain. Add chopped onion, seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add olives.
- In casserole dish, spoon in small amount of meat mixture. Add layer of tortillas. Repeat. Add water over the final layer.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with grated cheese, onions and bell pepper. Return to oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.