- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 4 snapper fillets
- 1/2 tsp cracked black Kampot pepper
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 2 Tbl capers, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Brush fillets with olive oil. Pan fry the fish in olive oil for a few minutes, remove and cover.
- Over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add wine and reduce. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, black pepper, sugar and bay leaf.
- Cook until it begins to thicken. Reduce heat, add fish and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve sauce over fish with white rice.