Grilled Steak with Avocado Salad
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: easy
- 2 New York strip steaks
- 4 Tbl olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp cracked black or red Kampot pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- Juice of 1 lime
- Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons olive oil, dust with paprika.
- Press 1 teaspoon Kampot pepper and salt into the steaks and grill to desired doneness.
- Chop avocado and tomato into bite-size pieces. Mince onion and cilantro.
- Toss cilantro, onions, avocado and tomato with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice and remaining pepper and salt.
- Slice steaks across the grain and serve with the salad and soft tortillas.